Business leaders recognize the importance of digital transformation, and are putting a significant amount of money toward these efforts—in many cases, over $1 million. But, reports indicate that many leaders face huge challenges trying to successfully drive transformation. One of the biggest hindrances? Poor communications. When introducing new technology—such as rolling out Office 365, upgrading to Windows 10 or migrating from Lotus Notes to Outlook—effective communications becomes a key foundational piece.
Why is Communications so Critical?
- It is an essential part of an organizational change management strategy
- Ensures that the vision, adoption and alignment among employees and executive leadership are the same
- Sets expectations for employees regarding timelines and tasks
- Ensures that you’re providing the right amount of information at the right time
- Enables you to answer—for the employee—”what’s in it for me”