Our client is one of the largest professional services firms in the world. With more than 250,000 employees worldwide and operating in separate global business units, collaboration and mobility are major concerns. For that reason, the firm launched a Mobile-First Initiative, with the deployment of Office 365 at its core. But, despite the urgency and executive visibility, this project has continued to hit new obstacles and roadblocks causing delays.
To overcome these challenges, our client engaged us to help them understand and navigate the impact of the changes needed to properly deploy and adopt Office 365. Working with the company’s Modern Workplace team, we conducted change enablement workshops to identify blockers and facilitate a path forward for deploying a mobile-first, modern collaboration experience.
Challenges and blockers identified during the workshops include:
- Employees are siloed into many, unique global business units
- Existing learning options were one-dimensional and lacked the content and resources needed to support its global scale and language requirements
- Our client does not have the resources to scale and deliver hands-on user support
- While working closely with Microsoft’s CSU team, our client lacked a focused ACM leader responsible for change and user enablement
- Our client’s multi-generational workforce demands a multi-format approach to training and communications
- Our client lacked a cohesive change management and execution program
Taking our assessment and recommendations to heart, the firm immediately assigned an Adoption Change Management project lead and prioritized user enablement as part of the core project plan. To help guide the sales process, we leveraged our P-CSM resources and engaged the company alongside the Microsoft Customer Success Unit Team. Leveraging our workshop findings and recommendations, we were able to produce a comprehensive proposal, including:
- A customized and dynamic training program
- 24×7 end-user “how-to” help desk
- End-user communication plan
- Sponsorship workshops and additional client-specific learning services
Our client quickly decided to move forward with the deployment of Office 365. After reviewing the proposal, the company agreed to co-fund an initial program and is set to commence a global deployment in October 2018, inclusive of Office ProPlus, Outlook Mobile and OneDrive for Business. While this initial deployment progresses, P-CSM activities are continuing to move in parallel, as we work with Microsoft and our client to incorporate Microsoft Teams into the program in early 2019.