By Jen Sweeney
If you missed our Aug. 15 live webcast, Get Your Head IN the Cloud: Optimizing the End-User Experience with Office 365, the recorded version is now available for download.
In the one-hour presentation, Vitalyst director of training Joe Puckett discussed what IT departments need to know going into an Office 365 migration, and how to prepare for the end-user and organizational challenges that come with operating in the cloud.
Among the points Puckett brought up:
- Matching feature sets to specific user needs (installed vs. web-based apps)
- Anticipating Office 365 end-user support challenges
- Identifying mobile user needs when switching to a hosted Exchange Server
- Navigating the blend between corporate and personal information storage
- Ways to maximize business user adoption and ROI
Surveys have made it clear that many organizations are currently considering, in the process of deploying, or have recently migrated to Office 365. Moving to the cloud can be a significant shift for end-users, fundamentally impacting the tools they use on a daily basis, and the way your IT support desk operates.