By Jen Sweeney
Excel’s fill handle is one of those features that, once you find out about it, you wish you had been using it all along. Use it with numbers, dates or text to instantly create series of data — from basic to complex. Or, use it to copy and paste formulas to hundreds of cells at once. Less dragging, more productivity. For this post, we have gathered a few top tips on using the fill handle in Excel 2010 for data creation.
- Filling Cells: Across, or Up and Down
- How to Fill a Series of Data
- Copying Formulas Using the Fill Handle
- Filling Cells with More Options
- Creating a Custom Series for Filling Data
For instructions on using the fill handle in Excel 2007 and earlier, check out our tips and tricks library. Tips are compiled by Vitalyst productivity consultants.